Custom Search 1
Although Canada’s medical marijuana market is one of the most attractive investment opportunities available, the market has been dominated by retail investors.
While the lack of institutional capital has kept several major investment firms on the sidelines with the legal cannabis industry, we have seen some initiations enter this market.
Which Institutions are Investing in Canadian Cannabis Producers?
We have highlighted the three largest investment funds that are invested in three of the largest Canadian licensed medical marijuana producers. This data was found through the Thomson Reuters Eikon platform and is current as of today.
Canopy Growth Corp (WEED.TO) (TWMJF)
- Fidelity Institutional Asset Management – 1.95 million shares (1.14%)
- Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. – 1.53 million shares (0.89%)
- BlackRock Institutional Trust Company – 400,000 shares (0.23%)
Aurora Cannabis (ACB.TO) (ACBFF)
- Private Alberta Company – 15.09 million shares (4.02%)
- Lola Ventures Inc. – 11.99 million shares (3.2%)
- Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. – 5.7 million shares (1.52%)
Aphria Inc. (APH.TO) (APHQF)
- MM Asset Management – 3.15 million shares (2.27%)
- Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. – 2.23 million shares (1.6%)
- Manulife Asset Management Limited -1.42 million shares (1.02%)