This morning, Aphria Inc. (TSX: APHA) (Nasdaq: APHA) published a press release where it encourages investors to vote on the proposed business combination with Tilray Inc. (TLRY).
Aphria’s Board of Directors have unanimously recommended that shareholders vote in favor of the strategic business combination and we expect to see the transaction approved by shareholders.
The combination of Tilray and Aphria will create a business that has a leading position on the international cannabis market and has substantial market share of Canada’s recreational and medical cannabis market. Going forward, we believe the combined company will be an industry leader and will monitor the trend ahead of the closing of the transaction.
Broker-dealers that are focused on the cannabis industry seem to be bullish on the growth prospects of the combined company and we agree with this belief. Today, we have provided 5 highlights from Aphria’s press release that support the completion of the transaction:
- The business combination is expected to further strengthen the combined company’s global business and capabilities
- The combined company is expected to continue to focus on executing on strategic merger and acquisition (M&S) transactions in the US or abroad
- The M&A growth strategy will be highly focused on making accretive investments or acquisitions of branded consumer products and the medical cannabis industry
- The combination of the companies will result in a business that has a robust financial profile, low-cost production, leading brands, distribution network, and unique partnerships
- The management team expects the combined company to benefit from having better access to capital and believe this will a key competitive strength and differentiator of the business
If you want to say up to date with Aphria ahead of the shareholder vote, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Aphria and Tilray Merger” to be added to our distribution list.
For the fastest access to data on the Aphria and Tilray merger, you can set up a free account or sign up for our free newsletter!